If you’re in the mood for a savory snack that’s easy to make and even easier to devour, look no further than cheese straws. These crispy, cheesy treats are perfect for parties, game day, or just a lazy afternoon snack.
With a flaky pastry crust and a generous helping of sharp cheddar cheese, these cheese straws are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. So grab your apron and get ready to whip up a batch of these delicious snacks in no time!
1 lb Sharp Cheddar Cheese Block (Room Temperature)
1 cup Margarine (Room Tempurature)
2 ½ cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Cayenne
1 tsp Baking powder
- Shred sharp cheddar cheese block.
- Mix room-temperature cheese and margarine together.
- Mix in salt, cayenne & baking soda with flour. Variations could include adding bacon, olives, or jalapenos.
- Blend well
- Roll out the mixture to form a rope 1 inch wide.
- Once rolled out, take a fork and run along the dough. Bake 350’ 10 minutes or until slightly golden