Imagine a bright sunny morning on a charming farm, where the air is crisp and the scent of freshly picked apples lingers. Bring that farm-fresh goodness to your kitchen with this delightful Apple Brie Panini, featuring the finest apples from our orchard.
- 2 slices of panini bread
- Mercier Orchards apple butter
- 2-3 slices of brie cheese cut 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 4 slices of sautéed apples (Pink Lady or Granny Smith)
- Begin by coring a Granny Smith or Pink Lady apple. Slice the apple into rings, ensuring they are thick enough to soften when sautéed yet still hold their shape.
- Take your favorite ciabatta or panini bread and place it on a clean surface. Spread a thin layer of Mercier Orchard’s apple butter on both slices of bread
- Add a layer of 1/4-inch thick slices of brie cheese, a handful of fresh arugula, and the sautéed apple slices to one side of the bread.
- Spray your panini press with cooking spray and preheat it. If you don’t have a panini press, you can use a sauté pan. Just make sure you can apply some weight on top of the sandwich to help warm it through and melt the brie.
- Once your Apple Brie Panini is perfectly toasted and the cheese has melted to gooey perfection, remove it from the press or pan. Allow it to cool slightly before cutting it in half or into smaller portions.
For another delicious variation, try using Mercier Orchards Strawberry or Peach butter instead of apple butter or add some sliced ham or turkey to create a flavor combination that will transport you to a sunny orchard picnic.